Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Slumdog for Christmas


A lot of great movies come out at this time of year, and few even open on Christmas Day. It's kind of sad that the only time a family is together for the year (obviously this isn't always the case but...), they go out to a movie instead of spending quality time together. Movies are this generations 'family time', and that 's too bad. But maybe after seeing a movie, you and your family go home and discuss it and get into great conversation from there?

I love movies and there are a lot of great looking films out this Christmas season that I want to see, and I probably will. I will also be spending a good chunk of time with my own family, extended family, and good friends, doing nothing else but sipping hot chocolate and talking about life. Balance; it's what life is all about.

If you are heading out to a film with your family, can I suggest you go see Slumdog Millionaire? It's an amazing film and it should also raise great conversation. Seriously, excellent.

2 comments:

  1. I am a hypocrite. I went and saw a movie on Christmas day. It was at 10:05pm though and I saw "the Spirit" thinking it was about the Christmas Spirit? Now I am a liar and a hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the human condition.
    I didn't see Spirit because it didn't look particularly fabulous.
    How was it?

    ReplyDelete