Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FREE RICE!



Better than the 'word power' section in Readers Digest, I've officially just wasted two hours on a great little website called Free Rice.

"Give free rice to hungry people by playing a simple game that increases your knowledge."

Every time you get an answer right, the site sponsor donates 10 grains of rice through the UN World Food Program to help end hunger. It's addicting and fun, AND it helps end world hunger, what more could you possibly want? So far I have donated over 5000 grains of rice... and I can't stop playing. Don't like English vocab? Try French, German, Italian or Spanish? Or study your chemistry symbols? Multiplication tables? I liked identifying the country on a map or naming their capitals!

My only question is where was this site when I was studying so hard to be on the Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego show!

No comments:

Post a Comment